Epson Australia Pty Limited ("Epson") understands that your privacy is important and recognizes the importance of respecting customer privacy.
Within our main site www.epson.com.au and other websites that we operate ("Sites") Epson may collect information that can personally identify you ("Personal Information").
In this Privacy Statement, and as required by the Australian Privacy Principles ("APPs"), we will explain the following:
- The kind of personal information that we collect and hold, and how we will do this;
- The purposes for which we may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information;
- How you may access your personal information and seek correction if necessary;
- How you may complain about a breach of the APPs and how we will deal with such a complaint;
- If we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients and if so, the countries in which they are likely to be located.
In general, you can visit any of our Sites without providing Personal Information. However, Epson may ask for and collect Personal Information from you, if you choose to do any of the following things:
- Participate in one of our competitions or promotions
- Register with one of our Sites
- Register your Epson product online
- Request Epson product information
- Request Epson technical support
- Make an online purchase of a product via one of our Sites
- Provide an online review of a product via one of our Sites
What Personal Information Will We Collect?
In these instances, Epson may obtain the following Personal Information:
- Your Name
- E-mail address
- Phone numbers
- Fax number
- Credit card details are not processed through or retained on Epson's servers. Credit card information is processed on the Commonwealth Bank's credit card processing system, or via PayPal's systems. Epson does not have access to your credit card details. We can only see the first 6 numbers and the last 3 digits of your card number, for transaction matching or verification processes.
As soon as practical after we collect any Personal Information from you, we will inform you of the following:
- our identity and contact details;
- the purposes for which we have collected that information;
- if we are likely to disclose Personal Information to overseas recipients and if so, the countries in which they are likely to be located.
Unless it is impractical for us to respond in relation to a particular request, you may choose not to identify yourself or to deal with us anonymously.
Epson may request (or collect where relevant) additional information for our marketing and research purposes, which may include (without limitation)
- how you found out about one of our Sites
- navigational data to monitor Site use and improve Site content
- your product functionality preferences
- details of Epson products that you own or use (“Products”)
You will have no obligation to provide us with such additional information.
We will not collect “sensitive information”, as defined by the APPs, unless you have given consent and such collection is reasonably necessary for our business activities.
If we receive any Personal Information from you that we did not request, then as soon as practical after we become aware, and if we may lawfully do so, we will destroy or de-identify that information, and will not keep any record of it.
You are free to ask us at anytime to delete your Personal Information from our database, as explained in the "Opting-out" section below.
When you visit the "Members Section" of a Site after registering your Product, your membership number or e-mail address and password will identify you. You may also ask for your Personal Information to be removed from our membership database, as per the "Opting-out" section below.
Possible Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
If you choose to give us Personal Information, Epson may use it to support our customer relationship with you. For example, we may post or email to you from time to time information about Product upgrades, special offers, competitions, promotions and other new Products and services that we offer.
We will not use or disclose Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, unless:
- you would reasonably expect us to use such information for that purpose:
- we have provided a simple method by which you can request not to receive direct marketing communications from us; and
- you have not made such a request to us.
Epson will not share with, rent, sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other company or organization without first seeking and obtaining your consent, unless we are legally required to do so, for example to a government agency.
However, Epson may disclose general information (not being Personal Information) about its customers and Site members to third parties such as advertising agencies and business partners. For example, we might disclose that a certain percentage of Site users is in a particular age bracket or uses a PC or Macintosh computer.
Epson may also disclose Personal Information to independent research agencies that are contracted to act on behalf of Epson, for the sole purpose of allowing them to conduct Product or customer research. Epson has strict privacy conditions in place with such agencies to ensure the protection of Personal Information.
We may also give your address details to third parties (such as couriers, Australia Post or promotions fulfilment houses, to enable them to deliver a prize, reward or online purchase to you.)
If you complete a technical or pre-sales query form, this may result in Personal Information being disclosed to overseas recipients in the United States of America, Philippines and Japan, who are either contracted to or employed by Epson. Epson has strict privacy conditions in place with such contractors and other Epson divisions to ensure the protection of such Personal Information.
If you purchase a Product on-line from one of our Sites, we do not process or retain your credit card details. All credit card transactions are processed either via the Commonwealth Bank's credit card website or the PayPal website.
Bank Account Details
Epson may fulfill cashback promotions via electronic funds transfer (“EFT”), whereby we will ask customers to enter their bank account numbers into our systems using the SSL secure encrypted technologies. Bank account numbers are stored in encrypted format, and six months after EFT deposits are processed, all associated bank account numbers are automatically deleted from our systems.
Security of Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information confidential and to protect it from misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We have implemented and will maintain current standards of technology and operational security to protect your Personal Information from any such interference. Security policy.
Opting-out and Updating Personal Information
If you wish to opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us, you may do so at any time by using the "Unsubscribe" link on the relevant Site. If you wish to update your Personal Information (such as your postal or email address or phone number), you may do so by using the 'Change of Details' link on the relevant Site.
If you wish to remove all your Personal Information from our Sites, please phone 1300 361 054 or click on the link at http://tech.epson.com.au/contact/
Third Party Links
Our Sites may provide you with links to other Internet sites ("Third Party Sites") that are not operated by Epson and which have their own information privacy and collection practices. If you choose to link from a Site to a Third Party Site, you thereby acknowledge that Epson has no responsibility for the privacy or protection of any Personal Information that you may submit to the operator of that site.
Network Advertising and Retargeting
Update of This Privacy Statement
From time to time, Epson may revise this Privacy Statement and we suggest that you should periodically review our current Privacy Statement to inform yourself of any change. Epson will not send you any separate notification of changes to its Privacy Statement.
How To Contact Us